American Indian Law Alliance
Included here are documents related to current issues that AILA is working on:
- AILA Intervention Mohawk Nation Border Issues. Ms. Betty Lyons (Onondaga Nation), presented this joint intervention on 29 April 2015 at the Fourteenth Session of the UNPFII. Intervention presented under Agenda Item 8: Future work of the Permanent Forum.
- Intervention by the Haudenosaunee and the American Indian Law Alliance presented at the 6th Session of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP), 8-12 July 2013, Geneva, Switzerland, presented under Agenda Item 3, by Kenneth Deer (Mohawk).
- Haudenosaunee intervention on ‘Principles of Good Governance’, delivered by Chief Oren Lyons, under Agenda Item 3 at the Thirteen Session of the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII).
- AILA joint intervention on ‘Territorial Integrity’ (Article 46 of the UNDRIP), under Agenda Item 3 at the Thirteen Session of the UNPFII.
- AILA joint intervention calling for ‘Indigenous Nations to be granted permanent observer status within all UN fora’ at the Thirteen Session of the UNPFII.
- “Paper on the Adoption of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples,” September 13, 2007.
- U.S. Report to the UN Human Rights Commission on the Universal Periodic Review
- Tonya Gonnella Frichner Statement in Response to the US Report
- Preliminary study of the impact on indigenous peoples of the international legal construct known as the Doctrine of Discovery
- Announcement of US Support for Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- World People’s Conference on Climate Change: People’s Agreement
- Statement by the Permanent Observer of the Holy See
- Intervention on the Issue of Hydrofracking
- Intervention on USA-Canadian Border Issue
- Statement by Tonya Gonnella Frichner on the Preliminary Study on the Doctrine of Discovery
- Press Release by 7th Generation Fund on Obama Support of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Press Release: Ambassador Rice Statement on US Support for the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- News: United States’ backing for indigenous rights treaty hailed at UN
- Court Denies Onondaga Land Rights Lawsuit
- Oren Lyons’ Statement on the Iroquois Nationals Passport/Visa Controversy
- Robert Staffanson’s Talk at Oren Lyons’ Birthday Celebration